Tuesday, November 12, 2013

20 Truths about Me

1. I have {and certainly don't suffer from} anxiety and panic disorder which I proudly now manage without medication. The worst panic attack I had was over my son growing older {he was only 4 weeks at the time}, it was, looking back, totally irrational because it's something I can't control. I used to need to feel in control.
2. Sometimes I like sleeping more than being awake.
3. Music is the next important thing in line to me after my family, my friends and our health.
4. I am emetophobic {petrified of vomiting} and it was professionally diagnosed
5. I can play 8 instruments
6. When my sister and I were small, we joked about who would we live with if our parents divorced. I chose my mum {because my dad couldn't braid my hair for school}
7. I wanted two children from the time I was five. I wanted two boys and they were going to have the names Riley and Harrison. And now that I have a boy AND a girl, I'm perfectly content that I got one of each
8. My biggest fear {other than my emetophobia} was losing my parents. Now I fear nothing.
9. I joke about everything. Even sad things. Actually, especially sad, awkward things.
10. I talk a lot. Everyone I know would say I talk too much.
11. I could never be a vegetarian even though I rarely eat meat.
12. I am extremely messy. I leave piles of my things everywhere. Yet I have super neat writing and am perfectly organized at work.
13. I don't know at this point if I will ever go back to nursing, even though it's what I wanted my entire life
14. I sometimes put about 6 tablespoons of milo in a mug of milk- it's my treat
15. I hate smoking. And people who don't respect my right to hate smoking
16. I want to see more of Australia before I travel overseas again. In fact, I don't have a great desire to go outside of Australia, I love it too much
17. It has taken me my whole life to be confident in who I am- I was teased a lot in my first years of high school which didn't bother me until I realized years later how cruel those people were and how much it affected me and how I expressed my feelings in public
18. I have to wash my hair every day, even if it doesn't need it
19. I really want to start cycling
20. I don't feel my beliefs fit with one certain faith, I'm secretly hoping that there is a religion out there for me that encompasses everything I believe in. I need proof to believe my parents and other lost loved ones are either still with me or in some kind of Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment