Monday, September 30, 2013

The Same Look Gives a Different Perspective

I look at my children all day when I am with them. Master 5 gets slightly uncomfortable with this. But I don't care, they are only going to be this small and this cute for a short period of time in the scheme of life.

I look at my children when they are quiet and when they are noisy. I look at them with a quick glance, or I stare. I look at my children through glasses and through tears. I look at my babies with a smile on my face and often a scowl.

I feel warmth when my eyes are open. I close my eyes and enjoy the moment. Wow, did I really make these ethereal creatures? I feel the blood rush to my hands, head and feet. I really feel warmth and love when I see this blonde babies.

I look at my children when they are sleeping and when they aren't looking. They don't notice how much I watch them. I take every moment I can in. I see my past, present and future all at once and I'm overcome with emotion.

 I watch my children laugh and I can't help but smile. I see them cry and my heart shatters into a million pieces. I watch them soaking in pieces of world and learning more every day. I wish I could know what they are thinking from moment to moment.

I see their tired faces at bedtime and look forward to their good-morning-yawns when we wake with the sun. I watch their eyes light up when food is served and laugh at the mess they make at every opportunity.

I see the tiny smudged hand prints left on the mirror and on my phone screen. I watch their eyes move with the cartoon characters on the screen and love their rosy chubby cheeks bouncing around when they laugh.

I watch my children through the same eyes at every moment, yet I find different ways to love them every time. The best part of my day is closing my eyes at night and still envisioning their cherub faces.

Bless my little ones, I am so blessed to have perfect sight.

L
XO


No comments:

Post a Comment