Monday, September 30, 2013

If I Had More Time With Mum- My Top 10 Wishes

If I had more time with Mum, even if it was limited to ten moments, there are definitely some things I'd like to do with her and talk to her about.

1. I'd give her the longest possible cuddle.
2. I'd write down all the delicious recipes she used to cook before time got away from her
3. I'd spend time with just her and my daughter; three generations of women who love each other more than life itself. I'd show her the bond I have with Miss 8 Months is unbreakable and she is {lovingly & partly} responsible for it
4. I'd tell her {until she was sick of hearing it} that I am so proud of her and she couldn't have been a better Mother to me if she tried.
5. I'd take her to Port Douglas, my favourite place on Earth and a place I never got to share with my Mum. We'd sit there, drink some expensive wine and talk about the usual rubbish we always harped on about.
6. I'd take her to Liffy Street in Belfast- the place where she was born and she never got to go back to
7. I'd tell her her life was meaningful, that she didn't deserve such loss to come her way
8. I'd make her the best coffee she'd ever have in her life and just sit there listening to her voice, even if she was whinging.
9. I'd hold her hand in public. I was always too embarrassed to do this. But now I'd kill to have her right next to me.
10. I'd remind her that I will never ever forget any part of her or our time on Earth together. I'd cry and hold her, telling her that I've lost the biggest part of me that can't be replaced. But I'll be okay in time and that it is okay for me to let her go to where she is needed now.

Thinking of you Mum, I miss you so much my heart hurts. I dream about you almost every day and can't believe I won't see you again. I'm trying so hard to make it without you. I wish I could hear your voice.

Love you.

L
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment