Saturday, January 18, 2014

Why I Won't Be Tattooed

Call me strange but I don't like the permanency. I think some art loses its grace and magnificence over time, even if it comes with a strong and powerful meaning. So that tattoo you got in Thailand with your ex at 21 years of age probably comes with some baggage now, unless it's now a fading scar, a reminder.

I can understand why people get a tattoo and can't stop. It's probably quite thrilling. But considering the fact that my tastes change almost daily with creative and influencing images from around the world at my fingertips, I couldn't see myself settling on any designs for more than 30 seconds. That and I'd be petrified at the thought of them being lasered off if I came to dislike them intensely!

I think it's strange to get those kinds of tattoos that "only you know are there". What's the point? Tattoo is body art and art is usually displayed. Are these people worried about the opinions of others?

I know people memorialize their loved
ones in the form of tattoos. I respect this display of affection, love and sacrifice. I don't think it's something I could do.

I think it comes down to the simple fact that I'd need it to be too perfect.  What are the chances of that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment